Friday, December 08, 2006

I am going to learn to make bread tomorrow. (Emily Dickinson)


I am going to learn to make bread tomorrow. So you may imagine me with my sleeves rolled up, mixing flour, milk, saleratus, etc., with a deal of grace. I advise you if you don't know how to make the staff of life to learn with dispatch. (Emily Dickinson)

This is my loaf of bread. I made it today, believe it or not. I used to make bread in the bread maker, but no more. This bread is too pretty to use the bread machine any more. Now, I have no real idea how this bread taste since I have yet to slice into it, but it looks nice, doesn't it? It's the same recipe I've used before in the breadmaker, and I suspected that bread would taste better if made in the oven where it had more room to breathe. Our bread maker's pan is small and stout, so last week I bought an actual loaf pan, and today I let the bread make do the first round of kneading, and then took the dough out, did round two myself, let it rise in the loaf pan one last time and THEN put it in oven to bake. WE'LL see. It sure looks and feels better so far then it used to in the machine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ang, I'm impressed. You rank with Martha Stewart, without the finance scandal and jail time.

Mobea said...

Oh, your Grandma Osborne would be soooooo proud of you!

Anonymous said...

nicely done

Angie said...

Kaleb...

Es ist nett dich zu sehen. Betest du für uns noch? :-)