Saturday, April 29, 2006

I don't have a CLUE where I saw this yesterday, but props to whoever had it. You set your ipod or WMP, or whatever it is you listen to music on to Shuffle, and bang out the first line of the first 25 songs that come out. Then you either 1) laugh at the collection of strange lyrics that come out, or 2) challenge your friends to a duel. Can you guess the songs, WITHOUT using google to figure out the artist and song?

And you know, I did this using my laptop, and I realized (again) as I did this that I really do not have a lot of my "secular" music ripped on there, for fear that it would "look bad" to have a bunch of secular music on the "church" laptop. How sad. BUT! later today, I'm buying my own laptop and I'll have ALL of my music on there! Yeah! On with the silly game!

1. My name is foreigner from a far away land, my feet are covered in earth...
2. Always when we fight, I try to make you laugh, until everything's forgotten, I know you hate that...
3. I don't expect too much from my poor old heart...
4. So what life's rough you should get over yourself like everyone else and enjoy like the boys and the girls...
5. Oh what I would do to have the kind of faith it takes to have the kind of faith it take to climb out of this boat...
6. Yo Man...Open up man...This girl just caught me....Sexy...I love her style man...She'll take my money...When I'm in need...Oh she's...
7. Open up the heaven, let your glory fall, open up your heart so we will know you...
8. There's a power in poverty that breaks the principalities and brings the powers down to their knees...
9. There's a cross on the side where a mother lost her son, how could she know that the morning he left...
10. As I look into the stars, I wonder at how far away they are, and how you hold them in your hands...
11. He beat the drums and lit the fire...
12. Tears all of the time, tears all of the time, don't be unkind...
13. Stealing moments just to be with you, though it's wrong it's hard just to tell the truth...
14. Up late last night, I tried to hide, something just ain't right, I can't deny...
15. Honey I know you've been a lonesome, why don't you phone some....
16. I've had to think of a way to think of a way to survive since you had to tell me it's over...
17. AJ It's been a long time since I've seen you last...
18. Is this a dream? If it is please don't wake me...
19. In union with the lamb, from condemnation free, the saints from everlasting were and shall forever be...
20. There are times when I look above and beyond there are times when I feel you around me baby...
21. Every now and then, I get a little lost, strings all get tangled, my wires all get crossed...
22. Waiting in the club lounge, I slot in so systematically, I wanna smash it to pieces...
23. City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday style...
24. It's like yesterday I didn't even know your name, now today you're always on my mind...
25. I hear a voice calling out, I hear in this wilderness where darkness has reigned for so long, ground is being taken...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh. You know what? I just realized that I don't even know the titles and artists of half of these myself. I hear music I like and burn it, then just listen (I mean - did you read the post a month ago where I asked for help figuring out who sang a particular song??) haha... This game isn't going to be much fun for ME, let alone you devoted readers. Oh Well. It's out there now.

rdmeeker said...

I know four of these...

#7) Golddigger - Kanye West
#22)Sao Paolo - Morcheeba
#23) Silverbells - ?
#25) A Voice Calling Out - B. Dillon

but that's it...