Friday, November 03, 2006

It's still a work in progress, but this is one of two logos I'm working on for a church in Toledo. This is for their Kid's Ministries' Nursery. I'm also doing their website (and by tomorrow, I'm supposed to have the second round of their basic sight design ready to look at). Oh, and for another project I'm working on for another church, I have 300 pages of technical manuals to read to learn how to use a new database I've never used. They're all PDF's though, and that's obviously too much to print out here at home. Reading technical stuff on the screen is like poking my eyes out - especially when I need to be comparing what I'm reading with what's on another screen. The funny thing is, it's just a church management database, so typically, that's the sort of thing I can just look at and KNOW what to do. But, this one is actually GOOD! and when I opened it up, and started poking around, I thought to myself, "DANG! FINALLY! a company made a database for churches that DOES what we've been looking for!" and SO, it' sort of um? Well. Let's just say that you can't just be a monkey and operate it so I'm having to read some instructions about how the different modules interact with one another. Mad props to Fellowship Church for that one. Oh, and I think that I'm going to end up integrating this database with their website too, so I better REALLY pay attention. YIKES!

For someone who doesn't have a job, I sure do have enought to do (and a lot that I'm putting off doing strangely enough)...a lot to do that I would TRADE doing in a heartbeat to just have a NORMAL job again. *sigh* (and by normal, I mean something with meaning).

But since I don't, I should probably get back to work. See ya!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah, so this logo pretty much sucks. I woke up this morning, looked at it and thought, "Wha?"

I mean, whatever it ends up as, the crown needs to stay, in pastel colors, but that's all I like.

*ugh*

Aimee said...

I like the logo. If you don't like the font, maybe try Eraser Dust, Crayola or Kid's Play. Those are free fonts you can find via Google.

Great work! And I agree with Tonya. Logos are important.

BTW, our Kids Ministry is called King's Kids too. Ha!