Friday, November 17, 2006

What's your phone number again?

Tonight Brandi, Bob and I went to tutor a Somali family in English. It was the first in what I'm sure will be many visits. I have no idea how three people who speak no Somali tutor a family in English who speak little to no English, considering none of us have any training in this? But, I guess if we talk AT each other long enough, we, or they are bound to pick up some of each other's language sooner or later. That sounds terrible, but honestly, that sounds like the PLAN of the agency that sent us! AH... more details of our visit later if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Good times.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

We were pretty awesome though! Well, you and Bob were: I just colored. I don't care what Colleen says, I did smell a little different when I left there. I think that we are going to have fun with this adventure into Somalian culture.

rdmeeker said...

My first goal is to learn the proper use of 'Somali' versus 'Somalian.'

Anybody?