Sunday, November 12, 2006

Truth is, I've always been thirsty. (Senior Ed Bloom)

My friend Devan called tonight to tell me that she and her husband Scott have decided to launch out of their harbor and move to Charlotte, without having a job first.

It's perfect. (BTW, the XM Cafe radio station I've been listening to lately is providing the perfect soundtrack to my life right now. If you have access to it, take a listen). Anyway, it's just the right insert to my life's story line right now. Yes, if you know me, you know that I believe that this world revolves around me, and so while Devan and Scott think that their move to Charlotte is about THEM, it's actually a subplot in MY story, AND as such, it's just what needed to be happening right now. Everything else was getting a little stale. Someone had to do something to break up the monotony. Good play, Dev.

No seriously. Good play, Dev. ;-) I'm proud of you guys. Go kill Charlotte.

And speaking of breaking up the monotony, today was Robert's Kurdish Supporters Meeting. Despite what that might sound like, it was not a marketing brainstorming party for the newest Iraqi jockstrap. :-) (it's been a long day. I think I'm funny). I can't speak for Robert, because this was his deal, his gathering to share about his experience with his supporters from his trip...so maybe he'll talk about it on his blog, but here's my take:

I've never been more excited to go than I am this evening. I can't stop thinking about it. The vision God gave me 10 years ago about going to a "country without a country..." hasn't been as vivid in 10 years as it is tonight. I feel as confident tonight that God will bring to us 100 people to support us with $40 a month than I ever have (that's just an avg. of what we'll need - something I use to help me get my head around the huge $ we're raising). The gathering today wasn't MY gathering - but the people are. They've been my people for 10 years; I just didn't know it. Every time Robert tells a story or shows some pictures about these people, my heart grows bigger for them. I am crazy caught up in this madness.

Tonight I was thinking about this man in Colorado at my internship (Gene, I think was his name) who told me what he thought about "visions" and "dreams" and so on. His advice was so plain, and it wasn't anything I hadn't heard a dozen times before., but it was good. "When you feel like God has shows you something, you tell your wise counsel about it, so they can test it against your character, against the Word and against the Spirit. Then you put it on a shelf and see if anything comes of it." There was a little explanation given to each of those, but basically, that was it. I've done that repeatedly in my life, and repeatedly, it's been the wise and right thing to do. AND, repeatedly, the vision given to me from God has been TRUE.

This crazy vision God gave me TEN years ago is TRUE. Isn't that nuts!! Days like today - are PROOF that God loves us and wants us to be close to him... (at least, to me it is), because he went out of his way to tell me of this so I would know and not miss it. So I wouldn't miss Robert (because he's a part of this). So I wouldn't miss the goodness of this whole thing. So I wouldn't miss the opportunity to serve Him in this way, whatever this is going to look like.

*Sigh* On that note...Amen.

4 comments:

OTRgirl said...

I'm so excited for you both. I like the vision advice. I'm going to have to write that down.

jimi said...

what's with the movie quote title? That's my gig.

Angie said...

Dear Yoda,

I used to do it, too (song lyrics, poems, etc., too), I've just been lazy the past few months. But yes, you are MOS DEF the king at that, AND the king at pulling at the really obscure references. Oz readers, if you get a chance, pop over to jimi's blog (link in my blogroll), and check it out.

Examples here of my OWN movie reference titles, just to show that I do (albeit, not as well as jimi):
http://inthelandofoz.blogspot.com/2006/08/when-you-used-to-tell-me-that-you.html

http://inthelandofoz.blogspot.com/2006/08/you-know-it-just-occured-to-me-that-we.html

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=20745901&postID=115458173797227018 (is a reference to a movie line)

http://inthelandofoz.blogspot.com/2006/07/were-not-in-kansas-anymore.html

http://inthelandofoz.blogspot.com/2006/07/they-say-when-you-meet-love-of-your_11.html

http://inthelandofoz.blogspot.com/2006/06/okay-one-more-minute-and-then-if-there.html

Anonymous said...

keep me posted! i'm excited to see this come to fruition for you!!!
YESSSSSSSS!!