Monday, September 18, 2006

THERE'S A BREAK IN THE ACTION ON THE FIELD!

Did I mention that I still don't have a job? Yeah, isn't that funny? I've been working on various graphic design projects since May, and somehow that's just been paying the bills. I completed 70% of the FAMJAM website and project last week, and that paid pretty well, and will pay another chunk when we get back from our honeymoon(s). It was also great fun to be working with those folks again. They emailed me last week and said that the site and new brand we helped create together were doing exactly what they needed it to do - giving the show an older feel and that they even had some junior high kids come up and ask how they could get involved (the same kids who last year said that the show was too BABY for them). So Awesome!

Then last week, my youth pastor, Pastor Brad, called and asked if I wanted to do his church's site. They've been kicking around a redesign forever, and have talked with me all the way through as they've researched companies and church build programs, sort of consulting with me about the various options, but keeping me as an option the whole time. Well, they finally just asked me to do it. AND, the budget for it is enough that I'm golden for another few months (which is GREAT news. I can keep looking for a FT job without having to freak out!). What a relief. AND, they obviously know I'm getting married this week, so I can't get started right this moment and they're ok with that. They're going to spend that time getting together some copy and graphics I'll need. They don't want it finished until Dec. 15, but I told PB that if he agrees to the what I think I'm going to quote him, then he's basically paying me a full time salary for two months, in which case there's no reason to think that it will take that long. He got excited at that idea, because I could hear his gears cranking out this thought, "OH...so maybe you could get the website done in the first month, and then in the second month we could have you do all sorts of OTHER things. I mean, why don't we just consider this hiring you on staff for two months in the Communications Department, and the website can be just ONE thing you do?" I was right, that's what he was thinking because he said it just a second later. He's so funny. I love that guy.

Did I also mention that if my dad doesn't show up for the wedding (HUGE change he's not) that Pastor Brad will be walking me down the isle? Yup.

Speaking of this wedding this weekend, I need to get in the shower. I have candle votives to stuff, bags to roll down and then hole punch once Robert gets here, a hosue to straighten up (again), I need to tanning (again), make yet another list of things to do, look over the guest list to see who really DOES need directions places, email Tanya to go buy flowers on Tuesday, take clothes to Goodwill, (oh and apparently smelly crack boy also rode in our van the day before yesterday when Mom took the dying dog to the pound, so his smell was stuck on me all day yesterday and I couldn't figure out why until about 5:30PM yesterday when I was on the verge of throwing up because his FUNK was stuck in my nostrils. We had to stop and vaccum and armorall the van which made us late for dinner), make a diagram of the church set up, write a schedule for the rehearsal, the day of, and the ceremony, figure out who is taking all of the stuff where after the wedding, cal the pharmacy to make sure they got my prescription refill correctly, find jewelry for me and my girls, find someone to drive with me on Thursday to go pick up my granny in Waverly (but NOT my mom...because that would make Granny's evil plan come true, right Mom?), sew hems into the fabric that will drape Hannah's basket, go get our marriage liscence today, make the ceremony program and the children's coloring books for the reception, find my crayons, too,...

well, you get the idea. I need to get in the shower.

Buy plates, plastic wear, napkins, cups, plates for the reception. Get the chafing dish from Tammy. If we're having the lime sherbert punch, get punch bowls. Meet up with Corrine to pick up the cake table candles and possibly the buckets. Get the trees from Robert for the ...

3 comments:

rdmeeker said...

That's good. The hosue isn't going to straighten itself out now is it?

Brandi said...

Why are you doing the children's bags when I said that I would do it. And, why are you doing all of these things yourself. If all of your hair turns white and falls out, you have no one to blame but yourself!!!!!!

Angie said...

Brandi,

Half the stuff on that list was stuff my mom was going to do today while she was stuck at the hosue while Robert and I went to get legal and get my rings...and then while we were out...we just decided to do some other stuff.

And some of these things I'm pretty sure you can't do, like shower, call the pharmacy, go tanning (which, btw, I'm going to go do right now).

AND...cool stuff. Mom got the bags folded, the votives stuffed, the linens rewashed and BRIGHTENED, (and even got the candle wax out of the used candles), and all sorts of stuff. Cool eh.

and Bob and I got the leaves that Hannah will throw.

Oh, and I need to get in touch with Phil about music. He's coming over on Tuesday sometime; maybe Wednesday.

but hey - let's talk. cause I'm pretty sure there are all sorts of things we DO need to talk abotu and do and stuff like that!