Sunday, September 03, 2006

...etc

Special thanks to Cristi who this afternoon removed from my apartment 834 hangers, 14 boxes of belts and dishes, 1 blender and a foodsaver, and for leaving five more of those cool glass bowls that I didn't even know were here! AND, for taking me to Walmart to buy a new electric wet/dry razor. My ladies' razor broke in London, and I hadn't purchased a new one yet. And thans for taking me BACK to Kroger later to buy batteries for the extra thing that came with it, and pineapple, apples, bananas, and "lettuce." The check out clerk at Kroger (a former student of mine, Brandon, who totally didn't recognize me because he hasn't seen me in a year!) looked at the Boston lettuce and said, "Uh, is this "lettuce?" and I said, "Well, yes, it's a TYPE of lettuce, but it wouldn't be listed as just LETTUCE," and laughed. Brandon said, "Oh. Yeah. Well, uh..." and then I'm pretty sure he typed it in as iceburg lettuce anyway ;-). High schoolers are funny.

My apartment is less one bookshelf after Cristi's visit today, too. It wasn't intentional really, but we were cleaning out her closet upstairs and went to move this bookshelf - then almost lost Cristi in the process as the bookshelf collapsed on her. So, rather than try to salvage the bookshelf, I decided to just move the books to a practically empty, much smaller bookshelf, and trash* the big one.

*and by "decided to trash", I mean, it's still in the hallway, broken down and needs taken to the dumpster.

(Aimee - awesome postcard. Thanks love. Good timing.)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey Angie! That would be so awesome if BB7 came to your wedding. Danielle doesn't deserve to come! Chicken George would make the wedding a little more interesting...I wonder what he'd wear...maybe that costume he had on the other night! lol So our little Angie is all growed up and is gettin hitched huh? lol