Thursday, July 27, 2006

TAG! YOU'RE IT.

I mean, I know I'm the "IT" girl of the hour and all (have you SEEN the starlike qualities of the photo below?), so it only makes sense that OTRgirl would tag me.

5 Items in the Closet
  • In the upstairs guest bedroom closet, which I'm going to count as one thing: 500 magazines, 800 hangers, 5 purses, 10 pants, 6 dresser drawers and odd box thing, 3 coats and a game called Scotland Yard that I hate. None of which are mine.
  • In my closet, two baskets of clothes that needs to go to Goodwill (and technically this basket is half in my closet, half out of my closet, because it's keeps making its way into the "projects to finish" category.
  • S'angie, a pink Build a Bear with four hearts. Four of my middle school students in SC built it for me on a trip to Concord Mills Mall in NC around Christmastime one year, because it was my birthday, and included one heart for each of them. She is wearing a black skirt, white shirt and a pink sweater, because that's what I wore a lot of at the time (girly sweater sets).
  • Red stripper heels from the 70's party. :-)
  • A copy of the Berry Patch, my high school's "literary magazine," for which I was the editor and a contributor, but I'd have to check - it might be at my mom's. What a laugh!

    5 Projects to Finish
  • Editing the PFM video. I didn't finish it yesterday.
  • Creating the IN Prison newsletter header (finshed two yesterday); revisit Prayer Ministry newsletter.
  • Taking ALL of Cristi's (my old roommate) remaining stuff to the dumpster (all 500 magazines, 800 hangers, 5 purses, 10 pants, 6 dresser drawers and odd box thing, 3 coats ((well, maybe not the leather one)) and all the extra mismatched tupperware and not working kitchen equipment she brought into my home to the trash!
  • Finishing MY guest list. Pray that it doesn't go over 150.
  • Murdering as many flies as possible. Has someone pronounced a plague upon my house? I promise, there are no dead rotting carcasses in my apartment or just outside - so why did I kill eight flies in my lovely apartment yesterday?

    5 Items on the Nightstand
  • Brown leather journal
  • Jim Elliot's Journal (it's not brown)
  • $353 worth of Topamax and a bottle of water, reduced each morning by approx. $11.
  • My cell phone (attached to its charger)
  • My engagement ring. I still haven't gotten used to wearing it to bed at night. By the time I crawl into bed, it feels a little loose on my finger and what if it gets pulled off? And, I'm afraid that the big ol' rock on it will snag the linens during the night and damage the ring. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the "big ol' rock!" For not having seen the ring or having picked it out ourselves, I totally love it! It's very much what I would have chosen. I don't know how big the diamond is, but it seems huge to me and fits my hand just perfectly. I probably just need to try sleeping with it one night, huh?

    5 Favorite Things
  • Ice Cream. Have I ever told you that when I was in ?seventh grade? I applied to be an Edy's Ice Cream Taste Tester? Yeah. They were having a national contest through Parade Magazine, and with thousands of entrants, I think I made it to the top 600 or something like that? Or at least, that's how I remember the rejection letter reading, but you know how MY memory is. I SO wanted that job, but it's probably best that I didn't get it. Ice Cream is probably one of THE reasons I'm such a chunk.
  • Being outside in a park.
  • Sweet tea. "OH, How I love sweet tea." (sung to the tune of "Oh How I Love Jesus!")
  • Exploring. Not anything specific, just exploring. I want to know what the Pearl Alley Market is.
  • Taking my time. Granted, sometimes it's good to be the Poky Little Puppy, sometimes it's not. What can I say? I like slowing down when for the past five years I lived at a pace of 65 hour work weeks and eating at my desk while on the phone and emailing, and still working at night when I got home, and so on. It's nice to slow down. Hahaha...I MIGHT need to speed up a LITTLE! but... you get the point... ;-)
  • 6 comments:

    OTRgirl said...

    Thanks for playing! Sounds like you had a great ex-roomie.

    And you now have that song stuck in my head... Sweet tea, indeed.

    Angie said...

    And in case you can't tell time, and in case you can't remember the conversation we HAD on the phone this morning...

    I posted this BEFORE we talked.

    :-P

    BrianStevenson.com said...

    Dibs on the hangers! We're a little hanger-deficient right now. Call Tanya and we'll pick them up.

    Angie said...

    Dude - Brian -

    Party at the house tonight -

    6:30.

    Bring something.

    I'll tell tanya today.
    You can have some hangers.

    Aimee said...

    Big Brother Wake Up. Thought you'd be interested.

    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother7/extras/wakeup/

    Yes, that Cristi said...

    aaaahhhhhggggggrrrrrhhhh!!!! Not the hangers!!! nononono!! anything but the hangers!!

    Well ok not anything, but still, its not fair to torture your friends like this. Its mean!!