Monday, August 14, 2006

IT'S ORDINARY, PLAIN AND SIMPLE

I need to be quick about this because my bed is screaming my name. I could tell you the long versions of what all happened this weekend, but I'm afraid that I've tried to tell the long version a few times, and I've not done a very good job, so here's the short version.

I bought my wedding dress this weekend. Well, actually, my friend Devan bought it. Twice. The first time, she bought when she wore it her own wedding. The second time, she bought it when she paid to have it altered to fit me. I have loved her dress from the moment she slipped it on at HER wedding, so when she brought it my house last time she visited and said, "if you want this, I'd love for you to have it," I was so excited. BUT, even with losing (now) 70 pounds, it just didn't fit. Disappointed? Yes. It is a size 10 wedding dress, and though I wear a size 10 in real life, you know how that is in wedding dresses. So I just figured I'd have to buy a new dress. Long story short - we went to try on dresses again this weekend, and ended up asking the alterations lady at David's Bridal if her dress could be made to fit me, and she said (in her Russian accent), "Oh Ves. Very EasvilY! Yvou brving it in to mve vight now." So we did. And just like that, the dress that didn't fit - DID. And Devan waved her magic wand (read: credit card) and I have a wedding dress.

OK - I must go to bed. More happened this weekend that was fun and all, but I'm tired and really, I would bore you to tears telling you about it. It was fun for me though. Maybe I'll have something exciting to write about on Monday afternoon? We'll see....

1 comment:

Aimee said...

What a Blessing! I love how God is blessing you through the entire wedding! This is awesome stuff.