Tuesday, August 29, 2006

U GOT THE LOOK




My favorite Prince song is "U Got The Look." (Dang, that only took a month). "Why that song?" you ask? For these lines:

U shonuf do be cookin in my book +
Your body's heck-a-slammin
Anytime someone uses "Shonuf" in a song, the song works for me. And who says, "heck a slammin" and gets away with it? Only Prince and Shakira. Plus, it just SOUNDS cool. So much old school electronica in the song - you gotta like that.

Warning on the video - some viewers will find it trashy. It is PRINCE after all. HA! but when those of you who do watch it watch it, keep your eye out for the couple doing the wheelbarrow halfway through. WHO KNEW the wheelbarrow counted as a class act dance move? I'm a pro at the wheelbarrow. Joe and I used to do that all the time in the front yard! I could have been on tour! Sheila E. had nothing on me. Live and learn I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not even going to comment. I mean really...

Angie said...

What? Someone asked me. Just because YOU don't have a favorite Prince song doesn't mean I can't have a favorite Prince song.

or maybe you DO and just don't want to say. whatever.

Brandi said...

Of course, you and I have the same favorite. That's ok, you can have it, I have others!!! Just know that I think I am heck-a-slammin.