Wednesday, August 09, 2006

YOU KNOW, IT JUST OCCURED TO ME THAT WE REALLY HAVEN'T HAD A SUCCESSFULY TEST OF THIS EQUIPMENT.
(DR. RAY STANTZ)



Here I am, just trying to sleep my day away for the first time in a long time...

See, just because one is not working and has nothing to do, doesn't mean that one should sleep all day. One should FIND things to occupy one's time, OTHER than sleeping. However, today was a day for sleeping. Back to the story though.
When around 10AM, these fellas with proton packs show up at my apartment complex and start blasting it. I hadn't noticed Slimer running between the walls lately or scarfing down any cupcakes, though like I mentioned a few weeks ago, FLIES, lots of flies, so I thought maybe that's what they were here for. I woke up briefly for a few minutes thinking that maybe the extremely loud spraying noises I was hearing outside would subside after only a few minutes...but after a half hour, I figured the Ghostbusters meant business. The noise - "it reminded me of that time that you tried to drill a hole through your head. Do you remember that?"

They started on the front of the building, and have chased the Gatekeeper for hours now. Lucky for me, I did manage to sneak in SOME sleep while they were far enough away from my actual apartment to keep some quiet. But now, Venkman and his crew have landed squarely at my door and windows, packs fully charged, and I have figured out what they're doing.

Despite my best effort to believe that the Ghostbusters are filming at Hertiage Glen, and that the slimy mess they left INSIDE my apartment at the door is in fact slime, they're just normal men, powerwashing the ENTIRE building. For hours. It's a good thing to know that the weatherstripping on the front door is NOT actually waterproofed, you know? Not that there's a flood of that proportion coming anytime soon, but still... I'll have to mop at some point today. And mop up the stair railing, too, because it got wet somehow.

That's too bad, eh? Ghostbusters at the door would have made for a much better Wednesday post than powerwashers. Oh and just because we're talking about it, you know what the BEST line from Ghostbusters was? "Ray, when someone asks if you're a God, you say YES!" hahaha... I know I say yes to that question all the time!? How about you?

P.S. PARTY AT MY APARTMENT FRIDAY NIGHT AT 6:30PM. IF YOU'RE READING THIS AND WANT TO COME, AND YOU'RE NOT AN AXE MURDER OR GATEKEEPER, YOU'RE WELCOME TO COME. AND, AS A SPECIAL GUEST, THE FEMALE PRIMATE WILL BE BACK IN TOWN, ALONG WITH TEAM NICARAGUA, WHO I HOPE WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN US, THOUGH UNDERSTANDABLY, THEY MIGHT BE POOPED.

2 comments:

rdmeeker said...

What about the Key Master? Can the Key Master come?

Anonymous said...

Am I still considered among the primate category if I am flying alone? I thought I might obtain an individual identity apart from the primate category, but still within the realm of geared for taking on the world--you know like Superman/Clark Kent. ;)