Saturday, August 19, 2006

TO CONVINCE ONESELF TO DO RATHER THAN TAKING A NAP

1. Take sheets off of bed contraption in spare bedroom and wash them. Jen is coming this weekend and we're replacing that "thing" Cristi made with an actual mattress. About time...even considering that in just a few weeks, we'll be taking that mattress out and moving my bed into that room to bring Robert's bed in. (consider taking the current spare bed down when we return the mattress after Jen leaves, rather than redressing it).
2. Go to store to get more laundry soap. Ran out this afternoon doing laundry.
3. Do the few dishes from lunch (which was, btw, very good). I love wild rice.
4. Oh. Don't take the bed down if it can be helped. It will be helpful to have it up until right when we switch the beds. We'll probably have guests here again before the wedding (ie Mom, Devan, etc...)
5. Finish taking old clothes out of the bedroom closet at least. If it doesn't fit, it joins Mt. St. Angie's Old Clothes, ready to go to Goodwill or the Free Store. If it does and I like it, it needs to be neatly restored in the ever dwindling (again) pile.
6. Tear through the linen closet. WHERE did all of those things come from? HUH? You know who I'm talking to...And WHY are they in the closet all willy nilly like that? Since when do I own a HUGE sewing kit?! with all sorts of ?? bobbles ?? Is that what they're called? I'm thinking if it doesn't fit a queen bed, and if it's not a full set for that bed, and if it's not the one full set that I need for the spare bed that's up now...it's leaving this apartment. I can't deal with all the STUFF.
7. Tupperware storage pit. People of the world, all I have to say is this: Bowls should have matching lids. Do not travel or move with bowls that do not have matching lids. If they don't have matching lids, you don't need them. You can't STORE things in them otherwise...If they don't have lids, they stop being storage bowls, so get rid of them. This area of my kitchen has to be dealt with soon...
8. FAMJAM! FAMJAM!'s website is back on track! They finally purchased the software to own for themselves and paid their deposit! Good for them, because they need a site soon! And good for me in more ways than one, but honestly, because it gives me something to do! A whole website that I get to do from scratch again! Yeah! I can use my brain again for the first time in months! I was beginning to feel like the Scarecrow! (and by beginning I meant I haven't had the chance to use my brain in months...)
9. Continue trying to find wedding ceremony music I like. This is going to be a problem. I remember my brother Joe's wedding, and my sister in law Carrie and I laughed and laughed at the music. It was nothing about the particular arrangements, it was just WEDDING music in general. There IS something about this that I like for the processional, I can't put my finger on what.

BUT right now, I can barely hold my eyes open. I've needed a nap for about two days...Maybe I'll nap now (for the next hour - we have a thing at church tonight at 6:30PM, so I'll have to wake up by 6PM and freshen up a bit).

Good night!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I ~LOVE~ the "funky twist" the music clip has for Canon in D (which I already loved. We used it in our wedding).

If you like the acustic guitar thing, Target did have (not sure if they still do, if I not, I have it) a CD in their LifeScapes area/selection that was all Classical Guitar.

GL!