Tuesday, August 15, 2006

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!

Friday, September, 22
6:30PM
Trinity United Methodist Church
8530 Lilly Chapel-Georgesville Rd, London, OH 43140

THE THROWDOWN OF THE CENTURY BEGINS AS ANGELA MARIE OSBORNE AND ROBERT DANIEL MEEKER TAKE ON MARRIAGE IN WHAT IS SURE TO BE QUITE A SHOW FOR ALL IN ATTENDANCE...SAVE THE DATE EMAILS, AND PAPER INVITATIONS TO FOLLOW VERY SOON
We booked the church today! The pastor had told us just days after we returned from London that the church was available that day, and had penciled us in, but we've been waiting and following up with him to find out the cost. Apparently, the pastor thought he'd left us a message on the 9th, detailing that info, but he didn't have MY number correct (oh - did I mention that we got this church for a price that is just ridiculously holy in our favor). It makes me want to walk around with my arms extended in the air shouting "I am an-NOINT-ed!" to illustrate the goodness of the price, it's that good, but that would be making fun of the goodness of the gift, and seriously, it REALLY is just THAT good. GOD has been really good to us this weekend, and rather than be flip about it, He really deserves a big thanks. I think He likes doing stuff like this just because He can.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Congratulations on securing the location for your wedding!

This reminds me of the part in "Bruce Almighty" where he says, "Now you're just showing off."

OTRgirl said...

You two are doing my kind of wedding. My parents had a pot luck wedding reception with the youth group serving as wait staff. I totally wanted to do the same--which clearly HORRIFIED my Korean MIL. But Koreans give money as a wedding gift and that covered the cost of our boring buffet dinner in the boring hall.

I grew up living on faith and seeing the neat things the Lord provided. It's weird to be in a world where we can afford a savings account. (No, seriously, I'm sure you would love that option, but its weird. Much less exciting than waiting for the Lord's provision)

I'm enjoying your stories. Wow. Ring. Dress. Car. Church. Snakes. What's next?

Angie said...

What's next?

A reception would be nice.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mobea said...

London Ohio. Hmmm...engaged in London , married in London...God sure can plan a wedding.

Aimee said...

*snickering at OTR's last sentence*

Well, Ang, I've been to several weddings at which they had potluck receptions. Everyone pitched in and there was always WAY more food than was needed, which is a good thing. You'd rather have too much than not enough.

Paul and I opted for the "old fashioned" cake and punch reception. Much cheaper. On our invitations/announcements, we put
"Dessert reception immediately following in reception hall" or something like that. That way, they knew to EAT before our wedding. lol.

Let's see...
Ring, check.
Dress, check.
Location, check.
Flowers?
Video?
Cake?
Pictures?
Music?

To me, and this is just my opinion, those are the basics. Everything else is just fluff. My brother and his new wife paid an enormous amount of money for a huge reception... DJ, video, you name it.

But to me, the MARRIAGE itself is far more important than the party you throw. What's cooler, I think, is being able to throw a party 10, 25 or 50 years later on your anniversary. Not many people our age will be able to do THAT.

Aimee said...

Mo! What an excellent observation! I didn't even see that.

COOL!