Tuesday, August 29, 2006

TO DO LIST: MERGE NEW LIVES (AND COMPUTERS)


In 24 days, my life will merge with Robert's in more ways than one...but ONE way that it will NOT is that he is not bringing his shiny Macintosh into our apartment. Since he has a laptop and I have a laptop, he's leaving his Mac with his sister. I'm already a little techy as it is; no need to have three computers in one house. This is fine with me. I have a strange relationship with Macs. Before I went to college, I didn't know other computers existed (my high school computer lab ONLY had Macs, and lots of them). I lust after them...because they're pretty and they tend to beat PC's when it comes to graphic design applications, music and video and they're just more stable it seems. BUT...check out this video, laugh a little and if you own a Mac, don't even TRY to defend your beloved, because you know, you KNOW, it's totally, absolutely true. ;-)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I've never used a Mac, but now I want to.

I love the last sentence about the inner child.

Anonymous said...

You know, that hogwash about the Mac being better for graphics and video editing was true in the ninties, but hasn't been true for quite a long time now. Actually, the Mac lags behind the PC in A/V processing power. Apple just wants you to believe it's still true because they know their computer is absolutely worthless without that claim.....well, I take that back, there is that boat anchor idea.

Todd Porter said...

Angie, I don't need to defend the Mac, because after having my Mac for over 2 years now I can't think of a single time where I have had any of those issues other than when my HD died. So I guess i fail to see this guys point.

But my home PC has had so many problems. The work PC has. Need I go on?


Scott, I guess all those people I knwo who work in mutlimedia that have used both PC's and Mac's and tell me that Mac's blow PC's out of the water just have no clue what they are talking about.

Angie said...

Oh, don't get me wrong Todd, I believe that Mac's are a superior race.

But, that doesn't mean that the superior race doesn't have it's flaws, and I HAVE experienced those things in the video. It's good stuff.

And my Compaq Presario is working okay, all by itself. It's POSSIBLE to have a good experience with a PC, but you have to know how to make your PC love you, as to where a MAC just tells you that you love it. It's heady like that.