Sunday, May 28, 2006

AND THE YEAR IS 1996...

I saw this on a friend's blog today. You go to Music Outfitter's site, type in the year you graduated into the search box, and it will pull up the top 100 songs for that year. (Good grief! My friend did this with all 100 songs. I know that I have a lot of time on my hands, so imagine what he has! I only did 50!) Strike out the ones you didn't like, bold the ones you did, ?? the ones you just don't remember. Seriously, some of these songs, I just think, "Huh? I don't remember that at all." You just wouldn't believe that in the Top 100 - there's actually a Color Me Badd song. Is that possible??

1. Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio
2. One Sweet Day, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
3. Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
4. Nobody Knows, Tony Rich Project
5. Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
6. Give Me One Reason, Tracy Chapman
7. Tha Crossroads, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
8. I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis
9. You're Makin' Me High / Let It Flow, Toni Braxton ( I love Toni Braxton )
?? 10. Twisted, Keith Sweat (I don't remember this song)
11. C'mon N' Ride It (The Train), Quad City Dj's (this song was crazy)
12. Missing, Everything But The Girl (I know it's practically blasphemy, but I hated this song)
13. Ironic, Alanis Morissette (I loved AM)
14. Exhale (Shoop Shoop), Whitney Houston
15. Follow You Down / Til I Hear It From You, Gin Blossoms
16. Sittin' Up In My Room, Brandy
?? 17. How Do U Want It / California Love, 2Pac
18. It's All Coming Back To Me Now, Celine Dion
19. Change The World, Eric Clapton
?? 20. Hey Lover, LL Cool J
?? 21. Loungin, LL Cool J
22. Insensitive, Jann Arden
?? 23. Be My Lover, La Bouche
24. Name, Goo Goo Dolls
25. Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel
26. Where Do You Go, No Mercy (yeah, pretty much no chance that was making the cut)
27. I Can't Sleep Baby (If I), R. Kelly
?? 28. Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla
29. You Learn / You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette
30. One Of Us, Joan Osborne
31. Wonder, Natalie Merchant (not my favorite, but I didn't hate it enough to cross it off, either)
?? 32. Not Gon' Cry, Mary J. Blige (I really like her, too, though I don't remember this song really.)
33. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio (um...)
34. Only You, 112 Featuring The Notorious B.I.G. (nice beat)
35. Down Low (Nobody Has To Know), R. Kelly (why does he have to be HIM).
36. You're The One, SWV (haha...take this song with #35, kind of funny)
37. Sweet Dreams, La Bouche (nope)
38. Before You Walk Out Of My Life, Monica (did anyone ever see that movie on MTV, "Love Song?")
39. Breakfast At Tiffany's, Deep Blue Something
40. 1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New), Coolio (um...who didn't love this? I don't remember the words, but I remember crankin' it up.)
41. The World I Know, Collective Soul
42. No Diggity, BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre)
43. Anything, 3t (hahaha... sappy boy music)
44. 1979, The Smashing Pumpkins
45. Diggin' On You, TLC (What a shame that these ladies couldn't keep their stuff together)
?? 46. Why I Love You So Much / Ain't Nobody, Monica
?? 47. Kissin' You, Total
48. Count On Me, Whitney Houston and Cece Winans (Ah, yes...Senior Song)
49. Fantasy, Mariah Carey (Why do I STILL LOVE this song?)
50. Time, Hootie and The Blowfish

1 comment:

Aimee said...

How weird is it that we graduated 10 years ago?

So far, I haven't heard anything about a reunion. Not that I'd go. But anyway...

Even still, how weird is it that we met 10 years ago this summer (Dude!)? lol. AND, we haven't seen each other for, what, 8 years? How did that happen? Especially since you've been nearby so many times (Carolina, Ohio, etc.)?

We HAVE to change that this summer!

Hey... I may be going to Nashville at the end of June and will see Charity. Ha!