Thursday, May 25, 2006

TO ENTER EUROPE, YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT WITH A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOURSELF IN WHICH YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE BEING BOOKED ON CHARGES OF SOLICITING SHEEP.
(DAVE BARRY).


And now I do! No thanks to Bob (of course), who insisted that I didn't need one to travel to London for some strange reason (and he will insist even now that he did not say that ;-) ). Craig and I have figured out it was a miscommunication we can only attribute to the joys of electronic communication, because of course, Bob would NEVER say that. He is a seasoned traveler, and was the head of our missions council. He knows these things forwards and backwards. He must have been being terribly sarcastic towards me when he said, "No you don't need a passport to come to London - it's like Cananda like that," and I didn't catch the flatness of it via type. I mean, that's the only real explanation for it, right? (Bob - there's your opening. Insert YOUR explanation there). I have one now though...so that crazy scene at the airport where I'm being dragged away in handcuffs before I even make it off the tarmac? Not gonna happen THIS time (or at least NOT because I don't have a passport).

I know he hates that I tell this story like this, too...because there's no way to prove any of it. It could have happened just like this, or it could have NOT happened at all. For all we know (seriously), I had a seizure right in the middle of a conversation we were having and forgot half of what we were talking about. hahahaha...It's true that he probably didn't say it the way that I tell the story. If I had to bet on me or him in this circumstance, I personally would bet on him. So would my friends, even the one who took me to get my passport (huh, Craig?). BTW - Thanks Craig.

3 comments:

Craig said...

Well of course I am betting on Robert. One of the reasons Robert and I get along so well is because neither one of us is ever wrong or makes a mistakes.

rdmeeker said...

Additionally, one of us has been to the UK and has a passport stamp to prove it

Angie said...

Oh yeah? Prove it. Show us your passport stamp RIGHT NOW.

Yeah. That's what I thought. For all we know, you're making it up, just like you trying to say NOW that you never said it in the first place.

;-) Yeah, that's right. And I know what you're going to do. You're going to say, "I can't show you. I'm in a middle eastern country with no ability to show you." That's what one says when one is trying to cover one's ASSumptions about what one said. And then, because we're going to the UK in just a few weeks, you're going to get your passport stamped, and so by the time we get home, you'll be able to show everyone this "passport stamp" you speak of, and again, we won't be able to prove it one way or another, again.

:-) hahaha...(she says as she hold her passport up to the bar's front window), "How'd do you like them apples?"