Tuesday, May 30, 2006

LC HAMMER MEETS AUNT KATHY

This email was in my inbox this evening from my Aunt Kathy in North Carolina. With the recent chatter about MC/LC Hammer, I felt a strange compulsion to pass it along, as it puts all of us one degree closer to him in the game of Six Degrees...

Hey there,
The writer of this story is a lucky girl. I met MC Hammer. Yes, folks, I met and talked to the rapper, MC Hammer and his protege and his BBBIIGGGG body guard. Susan and I met him Saturday at the NASCAR BUSCH race in the Nascar suite [Susan is my cousin, roughly a year older than I]. He may know alot about making money, losing money and making music and more money, but he knows nothing about race car driving. So, being the nice ladies that we are, we started telling him about the racing business. He wanted to know which driver does the back flip. We told him it was Carl Edwards, so that was the driver he rooted for. We told about the rules of pit road, and passing, and caution lights, etc. And if you are wondering if he was wearing his baggy parachute pants, the answer is no; he wore a Nike running suit. However, he came wearing his sunglasses. I think that was so he would not be recognized.

Anyway, Susan had her picture taken with him, uh, I took it with her camera. I asked for his autograph on my ticket. I told him it was not for me, but I wanted to give it to our local Red Cross so they could have it as part of a Nascar package later this year. He had no objection and signed my ticket, front and back. At the end of the evening, we were all laughing, but for some reason he didn't ask for our names. Why not? Could it be he may have thought we were too pushy or we might have asked for more from him--of course not!

Anyway, just wanted to spread my good news. I not only race car drivers in my life, now I have has-been rappers. Aren't you so proud of me?

Love you,
Kathy

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I thought it was Six Degrees. Hmm.

Angie said...

Aimee:
I think you've had one too many peppermint schnapps this afternoon. Please back away from the glass. It very clearly says SIX Degrees. ;-)

As for LC Hammer... It's a Meeker joke. At Brandi's birthday party, Rick James' song "Super Freak," came on. It's the song that MC Hammer heavily sampled from for the song "U Can't Touch This." Grandma Kay came up to me shakin' her groove thang and, shouting above the music in my ear, asked, "Is this LC Hammer, right?" I just laughed and said, "Yes, it is. LC Hammer." She went on her way, boppin along.

We told her later who it was, that it was neither LC Hammer OR MC Hammer, but she really should have gotten points for trying. She at least recognized the track, right? She's almost 70 years old, I'd say it's pretty good that she even heard it and could track it to LC OR MC Hammer, don't you think? Even still, it was funny). :-)