Friday, May 26, 2006

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Indeed, we do have a problem in Houston. You might remember about four weeks ago I mentioned that my mom's breast cancer has returned. Yesterday she went to the ER because she couldn't feel her arms. Strange, huh? She could move them, just not feel them. In the process of investigating that with various tests, a very persistent doctor found cancer in two discs of her spine. It has not spread to her brain via her spine though, which is good, but it is in her spine. Bone cancer. We laugh at breast cancer because we know that she can beat that (I mean, she has three times already, what's another?) Women beat breast cancer all the time, right? We don't laugh about bone cancer in the spine. For bone cancer - we pray, and ask that you do the same.

(Deut. 31v6)
6Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The LORD your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you.

(2 Corinthians 4v16-18)
16That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! 18So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.

(2 Tim 1v7)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

1 comment:

Mobea said...

Ang,
I am not afraid. I truly feel very blessed. Blessed that the doctor found it, blessed that I am in Texas, blessed that I have support of family and friends. But most of all I feel blessed because I know that God has been working on this long before I even knew anything about it. There have been too many coincidences for it to be just fate. God has a plan and that's all I need to know. Trust Him.