Friday, May 12, 2006

YO! CHILL...DON'T BUMP THE TABLE!

(Matthew 6)
30"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers--most of which are never even seen--don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? 31What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. 32People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. 33Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Am I smoking crack, or didn't you just post this SAME verse (which I told you was good but yucky medicine) the other day?

Hmm. Just wondering.

BTW, I *try* not to worry. Sometimes, it gets hard. After all, we're being sued by Paul's grandfather (he wants the house he gave us back... and a bunch of other stuff. LONG story fit for Rose Nylund); are trying to fix up so we can sell our old house, in which we haven't lived since Nov. '04; are trying to get pregnant with our second child; are trying to get out of debt while trying to figure out how I can be a SAHM again.

So.... while I do know that God will take care of us, sometimes, during the night, when it is dark and a bit cold, it's hard to remember that dawn will again come.

Angie said...

Aimee:

Well, if I had to say if you're smoking crack... I'd say yes.

And Yes. I did just post this verse the other day. My record is skipping cause God's dancin' too near the table, apparently, causing this particular verse to repeat. You too, eh?

I don't think "trying" not to worry works. I think you just have to be released from it. Trying not to worry is like trying not to think of Abraham Lincoln each time you see Oscar Mayer bolgana in the grocery store.

Yeah - try it now.