Monday, May 22, 2006

NOT WASTING AWAY, BUT THANKS FOR ASKING.

Special thanks to those of you who have emailed me recently to ask if I'm wasting away to nothing. I'm not, really. I've still got quite a bit of chunk left, hahaha, though certainly I can't complain! It's kind of cool to be able to eat whatever and still basically lose weight. Here's a picture to prove that I'm really not rail thin, at least if my face can "prove" anything for those of you out of state who know what my face looked like before. I could probably be a size 4 before I'm rail-sickly-thin (not that I'd ever WANT to be that...). That's what being five foot two will do for you.
(Taking this picture made me feel like one of the teens on MySpace. Gross. I just about ate my hair, too, but I didn't want to have to take a thousand pictures just to show that I'm not dying of starvation here. It makes me appreciate the master of all self portraits - Brandi Meeker.)
But anyway, thanks guys. I appreciate the concern. It's been kind of strange losing all of this so quickly. I'm approaching 60 pounds lost now-will probably be there before the end of the week, especially since the doctor up'ed my medicine, and since I've resolved to eat MORE than I have been. I think my friends are sick of hearing about it; sick of going shopping with me to replace the clothes that don't fit anymore. Brandi said the other day, "Angie, you're shopping for your old body, not your new one." I suppose that's true. I look at clothes and think, "I can't wear THAT," because it's like half the size of what I used to wear or it's just something that is a style that I used to not be able to wear, but totally can now. It just takes some time to get used to. OH, and like I've said before, because I'm SHORT, it's actually kind of difficult to find clothes to fit. I bought an awesome pair of size 12 jeans at the Gap the other day. They don't really fit though (don't tell Brandi and Cristi). They're too big (at least I *think* they are now that they're home and being worn). And I'd really like to go work out so that I can actually be FIT now, but I just know that's going to be make me SHRINK up like a shrinky dink...then I seriously WILL be a size 4. haha...Then where will I buy clothes? Where do they sell stylish clothes for the "little people" again? hahaha...

5 comments:

Tammy said...

you could always try Baby Gap. Hahahahaha (she says with love). I can make that joke, cause I'm only 3 inches taller.

Angie said...

Ok. I'll give you that one cause it was actually pretty funny. Good one, Tammy... ;-).

Angie said...

Aimee wanted to know how/why I'm losing weight. If she's wondering, others might be, too...I guess that I assumed I'd mentioned that somewhere along the way. I wish I could say I've turned into some sort of discipline freak, but really, the only discipline I keep to is taking my seizure medicine and drinking lots of water so that I don't get the kidney stones my seizure meds can cause. There's something about my medicine that causes weight loss. Haha...I didn't think about the fact that some people might not KNOW why I was losing weight! Pretty funny... and no, sorry, I can't just pass along my medicine...If you want to start having seizures though, I'll bet you could get your neurologist to give you some!

Mobea said...

Oh Ang. (Same tone of voice when you say Oh Mom)

Anonymous said...

Call Anytime - I will take you shopping - you know it's Brad and I's favorite pasttime.

Then, we can hit the Cheesecake FActory! :-)