Monday, June 26, 2006

LOADED QUESTIONS

I've decided to play a game (thanks monkeys), and you can play too if you'd like! Just post your answers in the comments section. My answers are below.

1. What was your favorite book growing up?
2. If you could choose/have chosen any college to attend, what would it be?
3. What do you generally sleep in at night?
4. Other than the standard items, (credit cards, money, DL) what interesting items do you keep in your wallet/purse?
5. What are you most neurotic about?
6. On a scale of 1-10, how "hip" are you?
7. Fill in the blank: I would eat 25 live cockroaches if they were covered with _____.
8. Where is the worst place to be stuck waiting?
9. If you were to construct your dream home, how many bathrooms would it have?
10. What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

______________________

1. James and the Giant Peach, by Ronald Dahl,and yes, I loved the movie as well. It was one of the few movie adaptations of a children's book that I felt accurately captured the imaginative possibilities that the book offered. Mr. K. introduced me to this book. He was my favorite teacher, but I can't really remember why, especially considering that I DO remember him giving my first really bad grade in math. Grr... and he gave me a Norman Rockwell cup when my family moved away. I think my mom still has it in Texas.

2. College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA. (yes, there was a long story about why here, but it was taking up half the page for goodness sake! the short version is W&M represented all that was historical and smart about living in Virginia when I was little, and I was sure that if I went there, I could grow up and work in government).

3. A bed. Hahaha...Light pajama pants and either a plain matching cotton tshirt or tank top.

4. Apparently, enough medicine that I could sell it on the black market and pay all Devan's rent.

5. Brushing my teeth every single night before I go to bed, without exception, no matter how tired I am, even if it's 2AM when I get in. That's not exactly neurotic...I think most people are like that, right? If I'm crazy neurotic about something else, correct me, but I think that's the biggest thing.

6. I'd say a 6. More than most, which I guess is 5, but really not much more than average. The fact that this question says "Hip" is decidedly unhip.

7. My dead body. I would have to BE dead in order for live cockroaches to be entering my mouth, so that's what would be covering them - my dead body.

8. Waiting in freeway traffic by the Greenlawn softball fields on a really hot day, because it stinks.

9. My "crazy out of this world, don't really need all that, but it would be cool to have" dream home would have 3.5 baths, but seriously, that's a heck of a lotta house!

10. Uh...honestly? This new, smaller bra because it fits so well, it makes everything else look nicer. My 9/10 jeans I bought a few weeks ago but have only just worn for the first time this weekend are pretty cool, too, but I have to get used to them first. They still feel weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really am a fanatic about this question game stuff...

1. What was your favorite book growing up?
My favorite book was either Cookie Monster and the cookie tree or The Monster at the end of this book starring loveable furry old grover.
My dad use to read them to me when I was really little and he would do all the voices and everything. It was a really cute father/daughter tradition I remember. He was the original activities coordinator in my life and he was stellar at it. Boredom was never a problem when my dad was around he did a great job at creating silly missions or crazy games for me to get in trouble-- either with my mom or grandmother yelling "Devan Marie" --cause you know when the middle name comes up it's serious.
2. If you could choose/have chosen any college to attend, what would it be? Taylor Univeristy Ft. Wayne, IN. I know it sounds uncreative, but really I completely and totally loved my experience of Taylor Ft. Wayne. The community was outstanding which made up for other flaws like small size and small city.

3. What do you generally sleep in at night? Angela you don't want me to answer this honestly.

4. Other than the standard items, (credit cards, money, DL) what interesting items do you keep in your wallet/purse? I am so not a purse person. My husband and I have an arrangment that states clearly in the prenump "he shall carry whatever items I may need on a date or otherwise fun activity in his jeans' pocket."

5. What are you most neurotic about? What I have for dinner every night. I try really hard to be open minded and without a vote, but I just can't do it. When I come home at the end of a work day I need to know I will be enjoying what I put in my mouth. It's a comfort thing I think.

6. On a scale of 1-10, how "hip" are you? Do you know I had a student actually call me a hippie in one of my group meetings...no I'm serious -- a hippie...that's all I have to say about that.

7. Fill in the blank: I would eat 25 live cockroaches if they were covered with _____. 25 million dollars in a signed and sealed contract to be handed out to me in dividends over the next 10 years of my life.

8. Where is the worst place to be stuck waiting? For the bathroom behind Scott when I have to go really bad. I hate doing the "pee Pee" dance. Plus, he always leaves a charming smell when he's finished and I'm the next in line.

9. If you were to construct your dream home, how many bathrooms would it have? One for Scott's butt, another for a jacuzzi bath time, and another for every day get ready stuff.

10. What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own? my gray pajama pants from old navy. They are the most comfortable piece of clothing I own and when I slip them on I know I'm home and I don't have to stress anymore about people, life, etc. (then it's time for my dinner and cup of tea to top off the relaxation.)

After reading this post out loud to my husband...he insists that I note he is responsible for pointing me to my oh so wonderful pajama pants as well as making me a wonderful dinner at night and awesome cup of tea(which I taught him how to make by the way, but his is actually better --I hate that.)

Angie I hope your happy.

Tammy said...

I love junk like this-here goes:
1. Favorite book-Madeline anything-seems I've been fascinated with anything Parisian for quite a while.
2. UCLA. When I was in high school I wanted to go there so very badly.
3.Due to night sweats, I will take the 5th on this one.
4.Interesting item in my purse: hmmm....Tide stain stick and the headphones from America West airlines.
5.I am most neurotic about mouth noises, crooked pictures and lamp shades.
6.How hip am I? I think a 10, Brand and Bob would say -10.
7.I would eat 25 live cockroches if they were covered with a product that made them look and taste like chicken.
8.Worst place to be stuck waiting? For me, it's in the airport security line-I HATE THAT IDEA AND PROCESS!!!!
9.Number of bathrooms? Probably one in each bedroom, a guest bathroom downstairs so I'd say about 6.
10.Favorite piece of clothing? A really ugly pair of pj pants with a hole in the "back" and an old Levis t-shirt with a hole in the bottom-I love to hang around the house in my "holy" clothes.

OTRgirl said...

1. Book: The Secret Garden. Loved it as a ghetto girl with no yard. As an adult, it got me through many a long winter in Rochester, NY! I read it every March just to remember that winter wasn't forever.
2. College: The one I went to -- Hampshire College, Amherst, MA. Collection of high school's interesting people (read: freaks and geeks).
3. Sleep in: T-shirt and boxers/shorts
4. Purse: wallet, keys, gum, unpetroleum stick.
5. Neurotic: Crooked pictures. Our marriage counselor has crooked diplomas. It drives me even crazier than I started.
6. Hip: Hmmm...I've been told I'm above average, but I don't really care? So doesn't that make me a 10?! ;-)
7. Cockroaches: Similar reaction to yours, Angie. Concrete. Cause I'd be buried in it before eating a live roach. Roasted I might try, but not live.
8. Waiting: Hospital. I HATE the smell of hospitals.
9. Bathrooms: Master bath with jaccuzzi, shower, and attached walk-in closet for us, one for kids, one for guests and a half bath on the first floor.
10. Favorite Clothing: An Afghan scarf from a missionary friend. It's silk/wool blend, beautiful colors, aqua on one side and rust brown on the other. Long enough to wear as a shawl, a scarf, a blanket on the plane. Dresses up any outfit and is the extra layer necessary for airconditioned restaurants in the summer.

Angie said...

OTRgirl:

Devan and I were both in the play "The Secret Garden" in high school. Even took it to mainstage at the State Thespian Festival (only one of two of the longest time slots, too, if I remember correctly. HAHAH! Dev - I just remember I was cutting lines like mad to get it under the time limit and thinking, "We're not going to have any story left when we're done!).

I know, I know...I was a nerd on so many different levels, but at least I was good at it.

Aimee said...

1. What was your favorite book growing up? When I was small, the Laura Ingals series. In high school, "To Kill a Mockingbird."

2. If you could choose/have chosen any college to attend, what would it be? The one I went to, ORU, or WVU, which I'd like to get my Master's from. Of course, I'd like to "finish" or get a degree from ORU, too. lol. My dad and I have talked about doing the M.Div. program together.

3. What do you generally sleep in at night? T-shirt & shorts

4. Other than the standard items, (credit cards, money, DL) what interesting items do you keep in your wallet/purse? Makeup (not used a lot, but it's there if I need it) and vitamins.

5. What are you most neurotic about? Keeping pictures straight. Lining things up straight (Do I have OCD?) and folding clothes when they're washed.

6. On a scale of 1-10, how "hip" are you? 4 or 5

7. Fill in the blank: I would eat 25 live cockroaches if they were covered with _____. I'm with Angie on this one. Bleh.

8. Where is the worst place to be stuck waiting? In a pediatrician's office during flu season.

9. If you were to construct your dream home, how many bathrooms would it have? 4.5: Master w/jaccuzi & shower, 2 for kids (esp. if I have 2+ girls), 1 guest, .5 bathroom downstairs.

10. What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own? The low/mid rise jeans I bought in a size 10. They fit, but will hopefully fit better soon. :-)