Friday, June 23, 2006


Somebody must take a chance: The monkeys who became men, and the monkeys who didn't are still jumping around in trees making faces at the monkeys who did. (Lincoln Steffens)

My risky monkey goofballs are coming for a visit today. Scott and Devan will be here in just a matter of hours, around 1PM or 2PM. This picture pretty much describes Scott and Dev - taking the world by storm, but monkeying around while they do it (with no shoes on either, so maybe not quite prepared for the adventures they're getting themselves into, but not letting that stop them from going in with guns blazing and together)! What fun!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I think I better stay awake. I went back to sleep after posting this, and dreamt that I'd overslept (until 4PM). When I awoke, I came downstairs to find that Scott and Devan had arrived, broken into my apartment (because of course, they wouldn't want to wait outside) and rerranged all of my furniture to an arrangement more their liking, even added in some pieces (and if I remember correctly, a whole new room off the stairs). When I asked how they got in to my apartment, they said, "Well, you left the front door unlocked, and that little bamboo thing you have propped against the sliding glass doors to keep robbers out? Yeah, that doesn't really work with us. We broke that pretty easily! But hey! Doesn't the place look great?!" I looked around and said, "Yeah, actually it does...but you realize that you BROKE into my HOUSE while I was SLEEPING? You could have been anyone?" Devan said, "Yeah, but it wasn't. It was just us. Did you have a good nap?"

Yes. I did. And just so you know, the door isn't unlocked, and I don't even have a sliding glass door anymore, and even when I did, I didn't prop it closed with a bamboo stick. Who would do such a thing? Not with those monkeys on the way! They might break in and rearrange all your furniture!

Aimee said...

I'll take your dream over the one I had any time. Egh. I have no idea what's wrong with me.