Monday, June 19, 2006

REASON #14 NOT TO LIVE IN HOUSTON.

Why does this make me giggle!? Mom called just now to tell me that Houston is flooded...AGAIN. Apparently they got 10-14 inches of rain in just over 2 hours, so of course, Houston is doing what Houston does - flooding. HAHA...and Houstonians are doing what they do! Driving through it! Check out the videos here! Some of you have heard me tell stories about how Houston floods when it rains, and I *think* you think I exaggerate. Well, these highways that they're showing are the MAJOR highways in Houston, some of them elevated, so when they say it's flooding, they MEAN it. Like I said, reason #14 not to live in Houston: floods. I'd love it for the beautiful sunsets and awesome CITY, but...

(Mom. Robert. Cristi. Wipe the smirks off your faces. I know that you're thinking the more I say stuff like that, the more likely I am to someday live in Houston. Rest assured if that ever happened, I'd focus my energies on north Houston where it's DRY and the people aren't stupid. Not that YOU'RE stupid, Mom, you're not. But you get my drift.)

3 comments:

Mobea said...

I can relate to you giggling. I did the same thing when I was watching it on TV. For the people who have ever driven the highways in Houston, you know that the drivers aren't wrapped too tight in their heads. I mean, they see a car in front of them going through 3 feet of water and die out, but the HOUSTON driver believes he's smarter than the guy in front of him so he just drives faster. And then HE gets stuck. It takes about 6 or 8 o them to do that before someone out of town drives up and say's, "I'm not going through that". Then they just stop in the middle of the road before the 3 feet of water and waits. Then the backup begins and traffic backs up all the way to the highway. Then the people on the highway take an exit (which is also flooded) and the whole scenerio starts over again. That is why it is so appropriate to sit and giggle. By the way I only live 9 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico ad my town doesn't flood like Houston. Ha!

Angie said...

NO, NO, NO, TANYA! I said, "KEEP GOING!" because when given the choice between sitting still in the water and going forward, one should go forward! or turn around, but STOPPING is not an option!

And mom. We're not talking about just three feet of water in some of those videos, are we? Let's just be real here?! hahaha... some of those guys are driving through water that could come up to my chest! That's like four and a half feet! That's WAY different! hahaha

And Tanya. Uh. YOU were the one driving. I (emphasis on I) would not have driven into the water in the first place... ahem...so YOU can live in south Houston if you'd like. Me and mine will move to the Woodlands or Piney Point or University Place.

Mobea said...

I just told my roommate about your comment about living on University Blvd. He said you will need a canoe to row in there. The medical center area is the first place that it floods. Good try. I think you will need an ark, personally.