Saturday, June 10, 2006

THAT WOULD HIT THE SPOT.




There is one good thing about Texas, and it's this spot. Literally.

The Spot is a restaurant in Galveston, an island off the coast of Houston. And The Spot hits THE SPOT everytime. Now I know that I haven't exactly traveled the world just yet, so I might not be qualified to say this, BUT I have been around the U.S. a bit... and The Spot has the BEST hamburgers, cheeseburgers, onion rings, and Coke I will ever taste. I dare anyone to set a better tasting one of those in front of me - it just isn't possible. Cristi - if you're reading - the kids really like this place. Surprise them one day for me and take them there. Oh - and be sure they get a chocolate chip cookie too! OH! I'd forgotten about the cookies! Yet another reason The Spot ranks as one of my fav. restaurants. Dang! and it's in Texas!?

One of the others is on Tybee Island, GA. It's the place where we fake named Devan's car "Simon Crabdaddy." What the heck is the real name of that place then, Dev? I can only think of it as Crabdaddy's? Those hushpuppies are soooo yummy! Ah, life at the beach...

3 comments:

Angie said...

We're going to McDonald's after church tonight!

Anonymous said...

the restaurant was crabdaddy's or crab shack. I can't remember. The name of my car is not Simon Crabdaddy rather lo-la or ellie; depending on whether she even deserves a name in the moment. Although I have to say for a ten year old car she sure did a great job getting me to Gatlinburg and back, plus her check engine light came on half way home and stayed on by the way--but the amazing thing is she must be becoming her own machanic because it isn't on anymore and I didn't call anybody. I think she was just afraid of losing her name again and just going back to being called a string of curse words.

Angie said...

Yeah - I knew it wasn't actually named "Simon Crabdaddy," but I couldn't remember the actual name. Oddly enough, Jason and Jenell just named their new van Lola, and when I read that, I remembered.

PS. I think you just look for opportunities to curse.